Welcome to Share it!

This is a site primarily to provide reviews, re-caps, and links to resources on my favorite shows and some interesting films. Links and information for specific shows are on the right sidebar. Find films in the Blog Archive. These sections will expand as I add more shows. Feel free to explore and let me know what you think!

Also, please let me know if any of the links are broken or not working!!
If you would like to request a film, please do so in the comments and I will try to get it for you. Thanks again!

Hola Amigos, este sitio web esta escrita en su mayoria en Ingles, pero incluso se ha agregado contenido y enlaces en Espanol y en otros idiomas. Por favor incluyan en sus comentarios tips sobre como puede mejorar este sitio. Gracias!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Game of Thrones is back



For those of us who seek quality content on the airwaves, it is difficult to stave off our craving for more good stuff when our weekly addictions go on a hiatus. I usually find myself wondering what to watch in the meantime. 


Well, I do my best by watching reruns of my favorite shows, but that only leads to 'I can't wait til next season!' and hopping online to check out the latest news. 


Lucky for me, the wait is almost over and in some cases I am back on track recording the episodes for later viewing. I have designated 'TV' time when I can watch episodes of any show I want 'A La Carte.' It's the best way to watch TV! 


So here is the scoop on what is back- that is worth watching that is. Well in my opinion anyway. 


If you don't have access to HBO or a DVR click here.








Game of Thrones


Game of Thrones is back for a second season, and has picked up right where it left off. For those of you who have read the novels, you know what's coming. And it is interesting to watch the events unfold onscreen and compare them to what played out in our heads while we read. For me, the series measures up, most of the time. I do have some issues with casting and what they leave out or include. But I suppose they do have a difficult time with making sure the audience understands the story independently of whether they have read the books or not. 


That being said, the person I envisioned in my head when Martin described [Asha] Yara Greyjoy was definitely not what I saw onscreen. She is described as thin, long legged, with short black hair and a sharp nose on a thin face. The actress Gemma Whelan plays the sister of Theon Greyjoy, and I have got to say, I am disappointed. I expected brunette, big eyes, sharp nose and a pointy face. Oh and lithe. She has got to look athletic because Asha is athletic. At least Martin says so. Guess I'll just have to give Gemma a chance. *Sigh. 


Here is the Recap to Episode 2. You can watch it here.

Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy

The real reason I couldn't wait to watch season two: Tyrion Lannister and the awesome Peter Dinklage who plays him. He is also the reason [Tyrion not Peter] why I continued reading the novels after the story lines got tiresome and one too many twists and turns just seemed to drag the story out. Yes I admit I got frustrated. *Attention: Soft Spoilers*
Where will it end with Arya?


Peter Dinklage    


Another interesting character is Gendry. His story line has just started in the show, and isn't finished in the novels. Wonder where that one is headed. But I can't wait to see his interactions with Arya and the boys played out onscreen. Skins alum Joe Dempsie [Chris] is great as Gendry. He is joined by fellow Skins actress Hannah Murray [Cassie] as Gilly, the wildling whose baby is important in the novels. Here is a tidbit from Mr. Dempsie on his character Gendry.
Hannah Murray

Well, that is all for now, except I shall end with my pick for the role of Asha, yes her name is Asha, not Yara. Who would you have cast?


Noomi Rapace - Girl with the Dragon Tattoo [Millennium Trilogy]


No comments:

Post a Comment